Price: For sale by Informal tender
Village House and land in delightful rural setting.
Ref: C 905
We are delighted to offer this superb residential development opportunity to develop potentially at least 6 dwellings plus an existing detached village farm house in need of full modernisation. The site is located at the western extremity of the delightful village of Kirk Hammerton which lies roughly 10 miles west of York and 12 miles east of Harrogate, with ready access to all areas via the A1(M) which lies within about 4 miles. Hammerton Station gives railway access to York and Harrogate and beyond. The site extends to roughly 1.25 acres in total and currently comprises of garden land associated with the existing dwelling, West Farm Villa which fronts onto Gilsthwaite Lane however plans have been drawn up to show that the site can potentially accommodate at least 6 additional dwellings (subject to planning) of which at least 3 would be detached houses and the remainder would be ( most likely ) single storey dwellings arranged in a courtyard style. The site forms part of a larger area of land owned by the vendors but which is to remain within their ownership.
A scheme has been prepared by Mr David Spencer of DSP Architects, DSP House, 2 Kettlestring Lane, Clifton Moor, York. YO30 4XF 01904 476170. These plans are purely for illustration only and could of course be adapted to suit a developers wishes. The boundaries shown on the plan are illustrative only and there are site markers on the plot which should be used to identify the area to be sold. Following discussions with the Planning Dept at Harrogate Borough Council it is felt that there is a reasonable likelihood of permission being granted for the proposed scheme or something similar especially since one of the joint vendors has recently had permission granted for the construction of a single detached dwelling on the western site boundary ( application number 17/03972/FUL ) Harrogate Borough Council.
The plans as proposed would be for the construction of 2 detached houses fronting Gilsthwaite Lane, a further detached house to the eastern boundary and a courtyard development of at least 3 dwellings to the rear of the existing dwelling. The proposed floor areas are shown on the attached plan prepared by DSP Architects. These are for illustrative purposes only and it is accepted that interested parties may well have their own ideas regarding the scale of development.
The purchaser will be required to create the access road, which must not be tarmaced, and the owners of each plot will have mutual rights of access over it and have a shared responsibility for future maintenance. It is proposed that the vendor will retain ownership of the road. The purchaser will be required to provide suitable boundary fencing between the plots and road.
The existing farmhouse is an elegant and substantial 6 bedroomed house believed to date from around 1900 and comprising as follows:
GF hall, drawing room, dining room, kitchen, pantry and store. There is an extensive cellar.
FF 3 double bedrooms and a box room, bathroom/wc.
SF, 3 double bedrooms.
Gross Internal area is approx 222 sq m. The house requires an extensive programme of repair and modernisation but will transform to a beautiful and elegant family home.
All mains services except gas are believed to be available.
We have been informed that the site is freehold, subject to legal confirmation.
Harrogate Borough Council 01423 500600. www.harrogate.gov.uk
Principal Planning Officer Mr Andy Hough.
1. The purchaser will be required to create the access road, which must not be tarmaced, however the
access drive will remain within the ownership of the vendors who will grant all necessary rights of access over it to the benefit of each plot owner. Thereafter each plot owner will have shared responsibility for any future maintenance.
2. Detailed discussions regarding the development of this site and the subsequent proposed layout have been undertaken by Mr David Spencer of DSP Architects ( see above) In order to facilitate the smooth passage of this application through planning, it is requested that proposed purchasers continue to involve Mr Spencer in seeing this application through to approval, subject to satisfactory terms of engagement being agreed.
3. Intending purchasers must satisfy themselves by site visit as to the position of boundaries and must not reply on the plans attached to these particulars as being definitive.
METHOD OF SALE
The site is for sale by informal tender with tenders to be received at our office in sealed envelopes marked ‘ Kirk Hammerton’ by noon on Friday 13th July 2018.
The tender proposals should include as a minimum the following:
1. The proposed purchase price (A) subject to planning consent and /or (B) on an unconditional basis.
2. If subject to planning, confirmation as to what is being applied for and a copy of proposed layout plan.
3. Full names, address and contact details of the purchaser.
4. Solicitors name and address.
5. Proof of availability of finance to enable the purchase to proceed.
6. Proposed timetable for submission of a planning application ( if applicable) exchange of contracts and completion.
7. Confirmation as to whether DSP Architects are to be retained as advisors or not .If not, please confirm who will be acting as planning consultant / architect.
To discuss any aspect of this sale in more detail please contact the sole agent, John Hornsby on 01904 794812 or 07770 748324 e mail firstname.lastname@example.org
By arrangement with The Agents on 01904 794812.
Where staff are employed in a business, it is possible that they are unaware of any impending sale, therefore it is essential that all viewings are arranged through us and no direct approaches should be made under any circumstances.
All prices and rents are deemed to be exclusive of any VAT which may apply.
Details and general information provided within these particulars have been confirmed by The Client, are given in good faith and are believed to be correct, however all proposed purchasers/tenants must satisfy themselves as to the correctness of the information provided. We understand that all services and items of equipment are in functional order, but no warranties can be given in this respect. Neither the agents nor any person in their employ bind themselves in any way, nor are any warranties given as to the correctness of the information provided. No part of these particulars form part of any contract or agreement for sale or lease